Friday, January 8, 2010

I Just Threw Up in my Mouth

Nice title huh?



Today my papa (He is my step father, but he is the only real father I've ever known.) was having surgery. Thankfully, my brother offered to spend the day with my mom, and then Neil and I planned on going in later. I begged my mom to call me right after the surgery (Sadly, she has a history of forgetting.) All of us have been on edge this week. Papa is well into his seventies and has a history of heart problems and this is a fairly complicated five hour procedure. I understand this isn’t about me, but I just missed the dang call and she didn't leave a message! If everything was fine wouldn’t she leave a message?!



Most of the blame falls on me. I had the phone in my hand but put it down to answer the door and then Allyson called me from upstairs and that is when (of course) she called. What is really sending me over the edge is that she shut her frickin’ phone off and doesn't know how to get voice mail. So now I am left pacing (and blogging to pass time)  and assuming that something went terribly wrong.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



During my rant, the phone rang and it was my mom. 



He is out and okay. Unfortunately, they were unsuccessful and need to go back in on Wednesday. Out of respect for my papa I don't want to plaster his medical history here, but I must say, this is extraordinarily disappointing. At least he is all right.

I am going to have to have a cell phone intervention for my mom later, but right now I will resume my Hail Mary's for papa and stop my online temper tantrum. Thank you for reading this (uncharacteristic of me but absolutely needed) rant. And please, if you think of it, say a little prayer for papa. Thanks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read that article. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.