Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Signs of Spring

I can actually see the radiators because they aren’t covered in soggy snow pants hats and mittens

Dead dandelions in my pockets

The random strands of pink and yellow Easter grass and plastic egg halves spread all over the house.

Bubbles and sidewalk chalk

Long walks

Cleat prints and "schmootz" (the stuff that sticks to the bottom of the cleat) from soccer and baseball all over the front porch

Giggles on the swings

Daily hunts for shin pads and baseball gloves

More giggles on the swings

Debates over whether the kids need a jacket or not every morning.

Skinned knees

The ice cream man leisurely driving by and waving at our kids through our window just as we sit down for dinner every night


Spring is finally here!!!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I always have dead dandelions in my pocket too! That one made me laugh!