Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Oh boy

Last night Lindsey and I were snuggling in her bed reading a story before bedtime. I thoughtfully chose a nativity story to read because we've been trying to keep in mind...the reason for the season. Our precocious (yet sweet) almost four year old knows the story well. We have many different picture books about Baby Jesus that we both enjoy. (Is it weird that I sometimes get choked up while reading this story?) Anyway, when we turn to the last page, there is a beautiful drawing of the baby wrapped in swaddling clothes. "Aww," I softly exclaim referring to Jesus, "Isn't he just so lovely?" Lindsey quickly replies, "Is he naked with a penis under there?" Gulp.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

LOLOLOL! And I laugh because I'm relieved it's not just my daughter who spits out these wonderful thoughts!

Have I mentioned how glad I am that you are blogging?

:o)

Kerrie said...

Soo, how'd you answer?

:-D

Kellybelly said...

I said, "Yes Jesus had a penis. But I am fairly sure they didn't have Pampers back then." ;)