Friday, December 21, 2007

The Toilet Paper Challenge

It is now day three of my toilet paper roll challenge.

On Wednesday I noticed that yet again nobody replaced the empty roll in the upstairs bathroom with a new one. I am fully aware that this job takes two seconds to complete, but it is the principle of it that is forcing me to conduct this experiment. (As I write this I am questioning my mental health status so I am not offended in the least if you are too.) Instead of replacing it like I always do, I merely put a new roll on the side of the sink and left the empty cardboard roll on the dispenser. So for three days now, nobody has put the new roll on. (It's a double roll so this may take a while.)

This happens all of the time in our house. The paper towels, empty milk containers in the refrigerator, trash barrels filled to the rim. I continually ask for help with these menial little jobs and everyone agrees to help but they rarely follow through. If I was really serious about this, I would hide the toilet paper, but I'm really not that upset.

Last week Zachary left two little squares of toilet paper on the roll. When I asked him why he didn't get a new one, he replied, "There is still some left on there." Who (besides Cheryl Crow) uses two squares of toilet paper?? Perhaps Zach is trying to save the environment. Good job buddy!

Same thing with the milk. Ryan will leave a tablespoon of milk in the carton and put it back in the fridge. Again, I understand that if this is my biggest problem in life, I am doing really well.
It's just a little pet peeve of mine.

I am predicting that I will have a bunch of empty cardboard toilet paper rolls lined up on the side of my sink...I'll let you know what happens.

5 comments:

Kerrie said...

LOL! I've tried this challenge too, only I wasn't even kind enough to put out a roll, I have *no* idea what they wiped with...
I've finally just finally accepted that this is part of my job description.

Kellybelly said...

Kerrie, I considered that. LOL! You are right...I should just consider it my job as well. I am still going to see what happens if anything. :)

kasoidfone said...

So I am guilty of similar experiments but mine are with my husband...my little six year old is very good about replacing and tossing things when needed...even rinsing out for the recycle bin (Auntie Jenn w/be so proud!). I have to admit on several occasions I have not scrubbed my toilet for a few weeks just to see if my lovely husband (who I really am crazy about!) would take it upon himself to "scrub" that nasty thing...NOT!!!!! I have let black scumb grow around the rim just to see...NOTHING!!! Thank God I have more than one toilet that I can use...but still...NOTHGING. Now anyone who knows me knows I am a bit of a germ/clean freak...I'm not shy of scrubbing my kitchen floor @ 4a.m. if it's dirty! He failed this "test" several times...I've given up as it must be in my "job" desription. Like Kelly said, if this is all I have to complain about...I can deal with it...life is good...I can continue to srub the toilet until I hit the lottery and I get someone else to do it for me!

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Jamie said...

LOL! So should I ask how it's going or have you given up the challenge?

Merry Christmas to one of my favorite blogging mommies!!!

Kellybelly said...

Well,

Christmas arrived and since I was hosting my family, I had no choice but to put a new roll on the holder. My inovative husband did however use one of the empty rolls to wrap a present. LOL! It was a little game called Left Right Center and he needed a little box for it. Al Gore would be proud of his recycling abilities! :)

The only person that said anything about the toilet paper was Lindsey.
She couldn't reach the sink the poor darling.

I love my family the way they are. Truly! I have officially added this job to my long list of silly little tasks that fill up my days. I have also added a few to Neil's...plunging the toilet, changing lightbulbs, and checking the oil in our mini van.